Dear Gardening Friends,
Attention Group Leaders
(Teachers, Scouts, Youth Groups ...)
Make your reservations NOW for our
Spooktacular Fall Tours.
Age appropriate presention for 3 years old and up
October Gardening Tips:
- Keep leaves off of newly seeded areas
- Plant bulbs for spring blooms
- Plant pansies for fall, winter and early spring color
- Begin clean-up of annual, perennial and vegetable gardens
- Empty containers and store for the winter (remember clay and ceramic pots will crack if left outside where water can settle then freeze)
- Leave a few spent roses for new seeds to develop
- Aerate and overseed lawns as needed-also a good time to fertilize
- Pick large green tomatoes just before frost
- Dig Banana Tree and other tropical bulbs/roots to store for winter
- Don't cut back cone flowers, black-eyed susans, and ornamental grasses.
The birds love the seeds!
"For The Garden"
has what YOU need to enjoy OUTDOOR LIVING at it's BEST!
See you soon!
Don't forget to join FTG on facebook